mardi 17 mai 2011

Past wishes

Lesson 4


PAST WISHES

I wish / If only + past perfect             To express regret about a past situation.

1) اعرف السبب
2) اقلب الفعلfrom affirmative to negative or from negative to affirmative

  • Rachid had a stomach-ache because he ate a lot of food yesterday.
 Rachid wishes he hadn’t eaten a lot of food yesterday.

  • In the last test I had a bad mark because I didn’t revise my lessons.
If only I had revised my lessons.

  • He was shocked because I told him the truth.
I wish I hadn’t told him the truth.

  • It’s a pity I was absent when you came.
If only I had been present / If only I hadn’t been absent.




Rewrite the following sentences as suggested.
1-      He had an accident because he drove carelessly.
He wishes ………………………………………………………………………………………
2-      I couldn’t buy the trainers since they were too expensive.
If only …………………………………………………………………………………………...
3-      We arrived late. So we couldn’t find a seat.
I wish ……………………………………………………………………………………………
      4- Her health degraded as she didn’t consult a doctor earlier.
She wishes ………………………………………………………………………………………
5- I forgot my glasses; so I didn’t enjoy the match.
If only …………………………………………………………………………………………...
6- I’m really sorry I didn’t take your advice.
I wish ……………………………………………………………………………………………
7- Amal gave up exercising. That’s why she put up weight.
Amal …………………………………………………………………………………………….
8- His plans failed because he was too stubborn.
He wishes ……………………………………………………………………………………….
9- They made too many hazardous investments. So they went bankrupt.
If only …………………………………………………………………………………………..

See you soon for the keys to these exercises. keep up the good work

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire